So I know I’m really late to the party, but I just finally tried a Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell the other day. I’d been pretty stoked about it, heard a lot of great things, so I naturally had a lot of anticipation built up around it. I unwrapped it, inhaled, & took a giant bite waiting for that satisfactory “crunch”.. . It never happened. Bite after bite & I just couldn’t believe how utterly disappointed I was with it. My guy says that I just got a faulty one because every time he’s had it, he’s loved it. But.. . the damage was done. & my brain juices were taking off. How amazing this could be in nacho form! I had to give it a shot, there was no stopping this. Oh me oh my can I just say that this was everything I wanted it to be & more. Every bite was perfect with the purity of every ingredient in tact. & the best part? So freakin easy to make! Cook up some ground beef, chop up a couple stuff & you are ready to go. Quick & easy & oh so delicious. I couldn’t get enough.
What You Need:
- 1 bag Doritos
- 1lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 package shredded cheese (I used the mexican blend)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, shreded
- sour cream (optional)
- 2 jalapeños, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (to sauté the jalapeños in)
What You Do:
- Cook the ground beef (or turkey).
- When the meat is almost done, add in the onions to cook.
- Add the taco seasoning until well mixed (I used about 3/4 of the package, personally).
- If you’re sautéing the jalapeños (I like to, I prefer that flavor to a fresh jalapeño), heat up the olive oil & then add the jalapeño slices. I threw a little bit of minced garlic in there as well. Once they started to blacken, I took them off the heat.
- Then comes the fun part: pile on as you like! I like to put the cheese on top of the meat so it melts a little, but then of course I add more to the top.
- Top off with some guacamole or black olives if you want too! This baby is a win win no matter what.