For round two of the Eggs in a Basket: Three Ways, it’s the more traditional version but with cheeeeeeese!. Cuz everything is better with cheese. I just really wanted to eat these when the eggs weren’t so, uhm, overdone. I love these cuz it’s all my favorite parts about breakfast all wrapped up in a neat little cup. So let’s just get right down to business.
What You Need:
- Cheddar (thick slices or grated)
- Bacon, about halfway cooked.
What You Do:
- First things first, preheat your oven to 375° & grease your muffin pan!
- Cut circles out of your bread to fit the bottom of the muffin pan (I used the cap to my maple syrup).
- Cut out circles of your cheddar cheese (or use like a tablespoon of grated cheese. It might seem like a lot, but it gets easily lost in all that bacon & egg.
- Wrap the bacon around the inside of the cups.
- Crack an egg inside the little “basket.”
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.
- Remove from oven, let cool enough so it’s manageable, & enjoy!