What does one do when all of a sudden there is a bunch of fresh zucchini staring at them? Make zucchini bread of course. What does one do when they realize eating bread all day for a few days might not be the best? Search for a healthy version of zucchini bread of course. & that’s when I found this one by Knead to Cook. I won’t pretend like her adorable little heart butter cutout isn’t what caught my eye first. & I won’t pretend that I wasn’t stoked when I saw there was no butter in this perfect little cross of zucchini & banana bread — I had to try it. & let me tell you, it was delicious. A perfect thing to make with all that fresh zucchini you’re staring at.
What You Need:
- 3 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your loaf pans or muffins pans with non stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer with the paddle attached, blend zucchini, applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Blend the remaining ingredients adding the nuts last and stirring those by hand.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared pans and bake. Loaf – bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Muffins & smaller loaves bake for approximately 20-24 minutes.